The Enlightenment



Brother, I don’t need salvation –
            shit I don’t want                      salvation, holiness, meaning

just make me part of                            everything
let me evolve with the other molecules
let me bounce from star to star            eventually.

Brother, I don’t need no                      symbols
no sacrifices, no selfish                       solace
no books by blessed cavemen.

I’m sorry but the clouds                      just rain
the sun just burns
we are all just used and                       recycled.

We are holy like potato bugs
we are blessed like potatoes
we are special like grass
we are immortal like                            now
we are passing like                              wisdom
we are scattered like                            truth
we are simple like                               sunrise
we are the sole cause of                      consciousness
we are the creators of                          cheeseburgers & gods.


Published by
Poetry Super Highway
July, 2011

Comments