The Answer


My consciousness melts
into the meandering current of the one-stream
creating countless opportunities to elucidate this mess
this world, this fantastic illusion we call waking that can’t be captured
with phrases like fantastic illusion –
it would take an exploration of every idea
and millennia in celestial museums
communing with the great masters
of muckety muck
who take tea in bathtubs –
like a picnic with Jesus on the National Seashore
or shopping with Nietzsche and seeing the look on their faces
when we walk into Wal-Mart wearing armor
where I’ll inquire of Mr. Machiavelli: Mets or Yankees my friend?
to which he would naturally advise
better start reading the Bible on the can instead of comics
except for Mother Goose & Grim
and get Walt Whitman’s take on preemptive war
but he would only remind me
we been down that road before –
remember the blood on the soil? –
you can see it for $7.50 but the beers are through the roof
where you can rumble with rednecks with Rousseau in your corner
coming off a walk-off homerun off of Emerson in Bean Town
and when I got home with that ball signed by so much suffering
I threw it out the window to Gautama
but he didn’t have his glove
or anything else
so that stone struck the Pyramids where
roadies for the Dead were packing up
and got stuck in St. Steven’s sock
which he hadn’t washed since Gomorrah
which reminds me I got something to do.



Published by
The Ranfurly Review
Issue 13
December 2010
http://www.ranfurly-review.co.uk/issues/The_Ranfurly_Review_Issue_13.pdf

Comments